Saturday, August 11, 2012

Artha, a handy English thesaurus in Ubuntu



I 've been hunting for an offline dictionary in Ubuntu Linux which is having similar features as wordweb. It took months for me to get to know about Artha (a free GPLed English dictionary and thesaurus for Linux based on WordNet.) Just like word web to check meaning of any word what we have to do is highlight the word to be checked and hit Ctrl + Alt + W . You can choose Artha to show meaning either in pop-up balloon or from dictionary (just like in wordweb).
To install Artha open your terminal and type sudo apt-get install artha or use synaptic pack or else ubuntu software sources.

2 comments:

  1. This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I have found something that helped me. Appreciate it!
    Read This
    Also visit my page Discover More Here

    ReplyDelete